Here are l list of links that you will find useful
- BBC Webwise is part of the BBC website with help & support for all aspects of internet safety.
- Avoiding Ratting – Remote Access Trojans – https://www.getsafeonline.org/protecting-yourself/avoiding-ratting/
- Keeping Young Children Safe Online (UK Safer Internet Centre) – A useful eSafety Guide for parents http://www.saferinternet.org.uk/ufiles/Keeping-Young-Children-Safe-Online.pdf
- The Digizen website – “This provides information for educators, parents, carers, and young people. It is used to strengthen their awareness and understanding of what digital citizenship is and encourages users of technology to be and become responsible Digital Citizens.”
- A guide from Google to show parents how they can protect your family online.
- YouTube Safety Centre – http://www.youtube.com/yt/policyandsafety/safety.html
- The Cybersmile Foundation website (The Cyberbullying Charity) http://www.cybersmile.org
- “The Parents Guide to Technology from the UK Safer Internet Centre has been created to answer these questions and introduce some of the most popular devices, highlighting the safety tools available and empowering parents with the knowledge they need to support their children to use these technologies safely and responsibly”.
- How to set up the parental controls offered by your internet provider (UK Safer Internet Centre)
- The parents section of the Know IT All website. The site contains information about positive ways young people are using different technologies, what the risks are to users and it outlines practical advice in avoiding or minimising risks when using online and mobile technologies.
- Webcam safety- BBC Webwise – http://www.bbc.co.uk/webwise/0/25812110
- Internet Watch Foundation (IWF) – Criminal content can reported to this organisation – www.iwf.org.uk
Facebook Family Safety Centre – www.facebook.com/safety
- Anti-Bullying Alliance – http://www.anti-bullyingalliance.org.uk/
- The Marie Collins Foundation – “The Marie Collins Foundation (MCF) is the UK charity enabling children who suffer sexual abuse and exploitation via internet and mobile technologies to recover and live safe, fulfilling lives.” – http://www.mariecollinsfoundation.org.uk/
- Child Safety Online Overview (Knowthenet)
- Advice for parents and carers on cyberbullying
- A Parents’ Guide to Instagram
- Cyber Streetwise – “Find out about easy steps you can take to protect your home or business from cyber crime” – https://www.cyberstreetwise.com/